Friday, April 3, 2009

Does anyone know where 4 went?

For the past year almost, Walker has been learning his numbers. At first, he didn't want to count in English, so Jason taught him 1-10 in Spanish. For anyone wondering, I think 'Ocho' is his favorite to say. He finally knew all his numbers and then these past couple of weeks, Walker stopped saying the number 4. Anytime we count to ten, he either doesn't say 4 with us or he just says 5 twice. Hopefully he will bypass this little glitch.

Walker has also been working on potty training. He has done really well! I'm stoked to not have to buy diapers or pull-ups for him. Those things are $20 buck a pop! No thank you! He is so proud of his big boy underwear and tells the whole house after he's done his business. We have had a few accidents. The other day I came home from work to find a trail of pooh from the top of the stairs to his bathroom. Judging from the 'ooziness' and liquifiable nastiness that it was, I could tell that he was doing everything he could to get to the bathroom but he just couldn't make it.

Anyone tracking our blog should be saying about now, "why hasn't Sarah posted in so long?" Well, on top of working, excercising and cleaning up pooh, I have hosted a baby shower for a friend, made all the announcements, made thank you cards for her, made Walker's birthday party announcements, and am mending part of our bed spread. It was only a 4 inch tear, but it very quickly turned into the whole length of the bed spread. I have been working on it almost every night for a week. One of the first days the comforter was downstairs for me to work on it, Walker was getting all snuggly in it. I told him it was dangerous because of all the pins in it. He said, "Ok mom." and stopped playing in it. That night I went to work on it again, and ALL the pins were out. I asked Walker where they went. "Mom, it's not dangerous anymore. I took all the pins out!"

I have definitely had my hands full with a lot of things, but hopefully it slows down a bit for me. Parker has been smiling and laughing the past two weeks. I will post pics and or video later.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

haha. i love that-- "it's not dangerous anymore, mom!" classic!
looking forward to easter weekend with the fam. should be fun!

Unknown said...

oh - when i tell him "Walker, say 'FOUR,' he says "my not say that please." Not a clue what he has against the number 4....

Your Way To Financial Freedom