Monday, April 6, 2009

Birth-Day? Nope. Birthday Week? Nope! Try Birthday MONTH!

My friend, Elaine, had her birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese last month, and ever since then Walker has asked us almost every day to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. We even had to make a paper chain that he could cut a link off each day. Each and every day we told him we would go for his birthday. I decided to do a little party for him and his friends. A couple of mornings I would catch Walker pretending to talk to his cousin, Savannah on the phone saying, "Nana, are you coming to my birthday?" With tons of excitement he would come and tell me she was in fact coming to the party. At night we usually sing our usual songs before we tuck him in to bed: Teach me to Walk in the Light of His Love, I'm bringin' home a baby bumblebee, I'm so glad when Daddy comes home, 5 little monkeys. Somehow, the Happy Birthday song has made it into the mix. But instead of singing it to himself, he will choose either Cade or Savannah to sing it to.

We made invitations with Lightning McQueen, picked out a cake of Walker's choice, got party favors, and put everything together. Needless to say it was a HIT! Everyone loved being able to play and visit with eachother. Thank you, everyone, for the toys and clothes. They are life savers! It brings me joy to know that there are so many people who love our little boy!
Here are some pics for enjoyment:Daddy and Walker with his new friend, Chuck-E-Cheese


Andria and Sariah


Watch out Michelle, it won't be long before this is all too real!


PROOF! Yes Walker did hit Henry. It took me a few minutes, but I got him to apologize. Poor Henry!
Justice and his mom, Michelle on Skeet Ball
Justice






Happy 3rd Birthday Walker!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

i loved all these pictures! thanks for the fabulous night. the first thing cade ran to when woke up his goody bag from the party. he LOVES it. !!

Michelle Ross said...

Happy Birthday Walker!! Kylie and I would've went but I had no clue about the party until Jonny told me last night that we got invited through his email...grrrr..

It looked like it was a blast!
Sorry we weren't able to come

sam and kyrsten said...

happy birthday walker. he is such a cute little boy. it looks like you guys had so much fun

Your Way To Financial Freedom