Friday, April 24, 2009

A New Look

Not quite what I wanted to see at 8pm on a Thursday night. On the 8th, Walker broke out in hives! This picture doesnt' begin to show how bad it got. They covered him head to toe-one even covered his back entirely. When I took him to the doctor the next day, I think it would be safe to say our doctor was absolutely stumped. She said it MIGHT be a reaction to a virus he MAY have gotten. Some Benedryl and cortizone cream cleared him up by the end of that weekend.


For lack of other posts, I am now playing catch up. It turns out that Birthday week turned into birthday month. Grandmother and Grandpa Clements made a quick trip for their anniversary this month. They weren't here for Walker's party, but they did bring him pineapple and a new book to oogle over. He hardly ever stops talking about pineapple. Every time I ask him what he wants for lunch or dinner..."Pie-apple".


I also (through no small miracle) got my piano delivered by my FAVORITE cousin, Danny. He totally saved the day by picking the piano up at the shipping company with one night notice. Not to mention the blizzard he had to go through to get it. (This is starting to sound like ye olde story of 'up hill in the snow both ways'.) Danny...deepest and warmest THANK YOU! Coming all the way from Hawaii and all the temperature changes I thought the piano would have to be tuned pretty desperately, but it actually doesn't sound that bad! Walker loves playing on it, but insists that there be a music book for him to look at in order for him to play. Hmmm...maybe I can teach him to read music soon.
Parker sleeps through the night and has for quite some time. The sleepless nights seem to have lasted much longer and seem to have been much less bearable with Walker than they have been with Parker. I don't know if that's because I got used to it, or if Parker turned out to be a natural sleeper. Either way I like it.


Parker loves to suck his bottom lip. No pacifier needed! He has started to 'chew' on his hands, but I think that's just part of learning coordination...and teething soon. He hasn't rolled over yet, but he's working on it. This is also the before shot of...





his haircut! Although his hair was cute and long and we had fun with different 'do's', it was time for his first haircut. It was past his collar, (totally out of standards) and the bald spot in the back wasnt' very becoming. I don't think his hair will come in quite as dark though. It was starting to lighten up a bit and his eye brows have never been dark. What do you think? Blonde, Red or Brown?

2 comments:

Michelle Ross said...

He looks like a completely different baby when he's bald!

The Nobles said...

I totally was expecting to see wangster Walker up here w/ the high heels and 'do rag when I read that he has a new look.

So I'm still in shock over Parker, I went to your house yesterday expecting to see a fair skinned, blue eyed little baby and instead he's almost blond looking wide-eyed monster hahaha just kidding about the monster part.

It makes me wonder though what my little Who/Krusty the Klown will look like in a few months

Oh and I'm still giggling about your birthday Walker post. So funny!

Your Way To Financial Freedom