Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update on Blogger Tools

As many of you know, I am into looking at numbers, finding trends, etc. That is one of the reasons I have Google Analytics on my blog. If you have not heard or read about it before, basically it tracks all sorts of information about who visits any given site. (Assuming it is embedded correctly on the page)
Since I mentioned the use of "Following" a blog, I think there have been interesting results. What is following? Basically it is a shortcut on the blogspot website. Instead of checking lots of different blogs on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, if you "follow" you go to just one site, and it tells you who has updated their blog, and how long it has been. That way instead of checking 5 to 10 or more blogs, just 1 site will save you lots of time.
Anyway, since I mentioned the option of Following in January, my visitor statistics have changed quite a bit. There are 3 bit of info that I think are interesting - The Blogger.com referral (people that link to our blog from "following" jumped from 9% up to 21% of our total visits. I think that is a pretty significant increase. (comparing the 9 weeks previous to the post, and the 9 weeks since) The keyword searches, meaning somebody types something into a google search engine (or yahoo or whatever) has changed dramatically. The keyword search "Jason and Sarah Woodbury" dropped from 57% of total visits, to just 26%.
I know I am a total nerd. Deal with it.

Now, the most interesting to me, and maybe to bring a little embarrassment to a friend of ours. The absolute most interesting fact of all. the Keywords "Brittany Moore Farts" has had 2 searches that linked to our site. Brittany, is there something that I don't know about you? Do you have an obscure reputation or funny story we all need to hear? Please, feel free to comment!

3 comments:

Kahilau said...

You are a total nerd, but I am interested in your friends farting issue. haha, also, crazy about the job change. We are happy that you guys have made a decision that works for your family. I know that must have been a tough one.

tolman said...

hi sara glad to see your dooing so well. i just wanted to take this oppertunity to say sorry.
sorry for all the hard ships we had growing up, all the dumb things we did , im sorry .

i hope you can forgive me, i hope that you are always teaching your kids to have faith in the savior, taking them to church and eventually the temple, i hope that our past is not a reason that you would stop any of these things. again i am sorry and i hope you can forgive me . hope all is well and you and your fam are happy.

The Nobles said...

so i want to know how you do zeez nerdy singz you speak of (these nerdy things)Next time I invite myself over you will have to entertain me with them

I also am curious about Britney'sfarting issue.

Your Way To Financial Freedom