Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mundane?...I think not.

So I have been at a loss as to what to write about lately. I work, come home, clean, do laundry(but never finish it), exercise, cook, think about what else needs to be cleaned, read, and spend time with Jason (which never feels like enough time). I've been thinking that my life is so mundane, but today I realized it really isn't.
Jason is away doing some recruiting and that makes me miss him that much more. I miss being able to drop anchor and just go with him for the weekend. I have to tell and re-tell myself that it is for business and not just hanging out with friends....Even though going to hockey games and four-wheeling and seeing old mission buddies.....sounds a LOT like hanging out with friends. While his business trips leave me home, I am able to spend some one on two time with the boys.

Last night I was cleaning out my purse and came across a gift card. The obvious response to this discovery? Tuck it back in the slot in hopes that I won't find it again until a rainy day...... Yeah right! I used it as an excuse to get out of the house! As many of you know, I have a little hobby of decorating my home v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. I think I just tried to think of the least decorated part of my house (the master bathroom) and just got a few things to spruce it up. Soon after I had cleaned and decorated the bathroom, Walker came in, looked around and said, "Mama, 'dat so NICE!" I went in to where he was and asked him "What's so nice?" "THIS" as he pointed to everything I had done. Goooooood Boy, Walker. Although he's young, I must say he does have good taste!
At the end of the day (which came an hour earlier due to my lack of wanting to wait until I go to bed to feel like I lost an hour of sleep) We had bath time. Walker got in with his ten cars. And Parker was looking drowzy, so I bathed him in the sink. Parker cried a little bit, just because he's not at the point in his life where baths are enjoyable...(mmmmm...bath....) Walker was so concerned that Parker didn't have any toys and insisted that I get his car that he set on the edge of the tub and give it to Parker to play with. Honestly, even if evolution worked and I did have a third arm that was ten feet long, there is no way a car was going to fit in the sink with Parker. But thanks for sharing Walker.
It's now 8:40...or 9:40-whichever you prefer, both boys are asleep, and I have a good book to snuggle up with. After I put away all those darn clothes!

No comments:

Your Way To Financial Freedom