Sunday, June 1, 2008

Consider this my official Graduation Announcement

I am now officially smart!
I will impart of my new-found wisdom and intelligence to those of you that are not on the same very high pedestal I have now put myself on. Feel free to shower me with praise, oh yea and lots of gifts. (That's a joke, in case you can't tell.)

Here is a list of observations taken from the 6 years of University Learning:

1. Nobody actually knows what they want to do "when they grow up." If they do, it changes.
2. Nobody really "grows up."
3. Does anybody actually use their degree anymore?
4. Universities are in the business of making money, not of educating students.
5. Good teachers make a huge difference in the classroom. (and in G.P.A.)
6. Some teachers like to make class as hard as possible.
7. Some teachers like to simplify the class as much as possible. (Thank you)
8. Some of the best lectures have nothing to do with the class.
9. You can watch movies for 2 days and get an upper division credit.
10. You can go to Costa Rica for a week for 3 upper division credits.
11. Teachers are people too. Sometimes they even understand when your son throws up all over your take-home test.
12. Credits don't transfer all the time. Then you retake the class and it is the same thing.
13. English 102 was easier than any english class I had in high school.
14. Some friends come, some friends go. Some friends are friends for life.
15. People make a lot of stupid decisions.
16. Study groups are awesome, if you get a few good people to study with. (not too many)
17. I don't do morning classes.
18. Try something new.
19. I like art and music. I wish I had any talent in those areas.
20. No matter what happens, your family will be there.

So there is a little bit of what I learned from school. Not to mention developmental biology, biochemisty, comparative anatomy, muscles, bones, alcohol dehydrogenase, hemoglobin, acetyl co A, credits and debits, birds, physiology, enzymes, magnetism and light, electricity, evolution, genetics, etc.

From those of you that are fellow grads, add any comments (lessons that you learned that I haven't put up yet.)

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Congrats, this is a great post.

Brandis said...

I learned how to make beer.

HeatherStout said...

Congrats on your graduation! That's awesome.

Sheila said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! And I love that you included acetyl coA. What an important coenzyme.

Jaimee said...

Congrats! I loved the list of things you learned.... so true. How often do people use their degree's?....

melonshoe said...

Getting a college degree is quite an accomplishment. Getting one while raising a family is truely remarkable! Congratulations. Now, go enjoy the rest of your life.

Your Way To Financial Freedom