Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a Day! And it isn't even nap-time yet!

Or maybe I should call this fingerpainting 101!

What happens when a newborn keeps his parents up most of the night, and the 2 year old climbs into the cupboards? Well, here are some pictures!






Okay, so the day started off on the wrong foot - it took quite a while to clean up the food dye paintings that Walker had made in the front room and in our bedroom.
Not exactly how I wanted to be woken up, with Walker handing me a mostly empty green bottle, stains on his hands. ( I learned that the green stains mostly in the line that it drips down, but the orange doesn't. It smears all over. Which is worse? Smearing it or leaving darker stains?) Luckily I think we got it all off. "all purpose cleaner with bleach."

I wasn't really prepared for the next thing Walker started doing. I should have seen it coming. He quit calling me "Daddy" and started calling me "Jay," like Sarah does. Instead of saying "Daddy I want Crackers," it is now "Jay, I want crackers." (It sounds like Che, as in Che guevara, for those of you familiar with him) I can deal with that.
After that, we worked on some Business Tax stuff, (Unemployment Insurance), which as some of you know doing anything with taxes isn't fun.
Next we decided to do some stuff with the mortgage. I know, this doesn't sound fun either. Well, it started by us getting a notice saying that the bank didn't collect enough from us last year to put in escrow, so they would be charging us an extra $12 per month. Oh, and we would be paying another 40 or so per month because of tax increases. We didn't have a homeowners exemption last year, as the house was rented most of the year. I had to call Ada County Assessor's office, make sure the papers were filed correctly, get transferred to the Treasurer's office, and have them fax the Bank as well. Plus talk to the bank to find out more about biweekly payments. (Does any of this sound like fun yet?) After the hoopla, we will be paying about $80 less per month than they had planned for us. Nice. (of course, I still need to talk to the bank again later on to verify that it is all correct.)
What next.... Oh yes, calling the auto insurance. Anybody else have any good times with them? Well, I told them we were looking to change to another company, and they found some more discounts, which dropped our rates about 30%. (In our case about $60 per month.)

Just a few minutes ago, I thought to myself, "Not bad for a morning's work." I felt like I had accomplished quite a bit. I went over to Sarah, Parker and Walker, and played for a few minutes. Of course, If I hold Parker, Walker needs to be held too. I was laying down, and I had Parker on my tummy; and he had a little gas. Not to be out-done, Walker sat on my chest (mere centimeters from my face) and let a monster rip from inside. It wasn't one of those little cute toots either. It is one of those 12-year old sitting on his sister to make her mad farts. Sarah couldn't contain herself, and her inner devil laugh found its way out as well. After 5 minutes of her hysteria, she tried to make Walker apologize and say he's sorry. (Right, with tears of joy coming down her cheeks, you think he took her seriously?)

I can't wait to see what happens after the nap!

10 comments:

Teri's Life said...

I would have laughed my tushi off if I had been there to see Walker toot on you.

Go Walker!

Brandis said...

I've had days like that. Those are the days that I wish I was a drinker. :) I hope you have a much less eventful day tomorrow. :)

Sarah said...

After four years of marriage you still make me laugh, Sweetie....by the way.......I'm STILL laughing! Ha!

marcie said...

Ahhh, the good days in paradise. You ain't seen nothin' yet :) Sounds like a typical day at my house as well. I would be laughing too at the monster fart! Ha ha ha!

Curtis Clan said...

Oh my, I'm laughing just at the picture you painted of Walker on your chest.(..12 yr old...) ROLF. I can Soooo relate. Coltyn has been a loud burper and farter since birth, but MOSTLY at church OF COURSE! Wipe my tears of laughter away....way to go Walker! Nice paintings too....i think I'd have come UNGLUED at that, so good job being patient Jason & Sarah!!!

Corey said...

Sarah taught Walker well!!! Good job kid! Insurance crap sucks to deal with.

Unknown said...

Thankfully, after my nap.... nothing eventful happened. Oh, did you think I was talking about HIS nap?

Unknown said...

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!
Good job Walker. he he he he

Kyle said...

You have an artist on your hands.

Unknown said...

So it is pretty ahrd to stifle a laugh in the library. Walker pretty much FARTED in your face...like father like son I guess. You must've gotten the idea from doing it to me? SO FUNNY! (p.s. I love Che Guevara facts)

Your Way To Financial Freedom