Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Slight Moment of 'Ahhhhh..."

So, people left and right have been saying what a super trooper I am with my new baby, Parker.

What they see: me having Parker on a Thursday and coming to church that Sunday.
What they don't see: Jason telling me that he promised the sunbeams if they were good for the primary activity I would bring Parker to see them. Not wanting to make a liar out of Jason and not wanting to dissappoint 8 three year olds, I came for the last hour.

What they see: Doing my visiting teaching on NOT the last day of the month
What they don't see: My companion set up the appointments and picked me up. The spirit taught the lesson, I was just the means of making it verbal.

What they see: A refreshed, alert person in the afternoon.
What they don't see: Me almost taping my eyelids open at 3am and 6am to feed Parker and then sleeping in until 10am...somtimes 11am.

What they see: Two kids under control.
What they don't see: I have nothing to do with this control. It is all Jason's. It is by his good grace my hair hasn't gone gray already.

What they see: Jason home, helping with anything and everything.
What they don't see: Me getting the 'deer in the headlights' look thinking about how I will have two kids all to myself during the summer.

I must either be really good at hiding what my life is really like, or people just don't look very deeply into my life. Right now I feel like my life is so chaotic, but looking back at my days, I really don't get anything done. The dishes still pile up, but not as high as the laundry. There is a year and a half of scrapbooking to be done...it's high time I go digital. (This is CODE for "I need help" to anyone who has the knack for digital scrapbooking.) And the more organized I try to be, the more messy my house gets. Is there no end? I think not. For now, I can just take it day at a time. I try to live by the moment, knowing there will be a day when I wish I could come back to where I am now.

What you really see: A woman who loves all the men in her life. I love you Jason, Walker and Parker.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She sure does give me a lot of credit....

Thanks sweetie.

Megan said...

Well-said, Sarah! I know that feeling of being buried in the chaos. Thank goodness for supportive husbands!!

Kahilau said...

What a great post! It truly does feel that way. Just thank them for the vote of confidence and know that the compliments don't come (at least not that often) unless you are doing something right! My mom likes to call "what people do see", our "Sunday faces". We all have them, and they are what give us hope that the crazy days are not forever. I am impressed too!

marcie said...

Wow Sarah I say "Well Said" too. This sounds like my life :) You are doing great. Your job as mom is the most important one on earth and as long as those kiddos are taken care of, it doesn't matter that all the other stuff piles up.
By the way, I refer to my laundry as my "M.O.C." (Mountain of Clothes) Sometimes it's a D.M.O.C. (Dirty) and sometimes it's a C.M.O.C. (Clean) Regardless, I ALWAYS seem to have an M.O.C. around here :)
Hang in there. All the craziness is totally worth it!

Curtis Clan said...

Nice picture could oly be better if Jason was in a diaper too! ROLF

Sarah, it comes with time, none of us EVER feel that we can do it but somehow we do. I look at my mom with 7 of us and thought of my H@%* how ever did she do it. I can't even come close to her superwomaness(is that a word?)but I survived.

Randall said...

LOL I love your "deer in the headlights" look. I've only seen it a couple times though. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone else who has that look, at least that I can remember right now. Ferrari could still use some work though :)

Unknown said...

Precious...

Your Way To Financial Freedom