Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

Our 4th of July was a BLAST! Spending most of the afternoon at Taste of Chicago was exactly what made the whole family happy. The majority of the time was spent standing in line, but after ice cream cones, it was well worth it. We only bought two ice cream cones, and I was unfortunate enough that mine was the only cone Walker wanted.
After most of our food ventures, we spent some time letting Walker run around in the 'Stadium' at Millennium Park. That was his favorite part-running AWAY from me. Another lady who was watching said, "That's one fast boy!" I asked her if that meant I was a fast mom...she laughed and said, "absolutely".
At first sight of the fireworks, Walker was scared to death. Jason tried to get him to watch, but as you can see, that didn't work really well. Walker stayed hidden for the whole ten minute show. For some strange reason, on the way home, he wanted 'more' (fireworks that is). With eyes shut tight, head against his car seat, he said, "Momma". As I reply, I look over at him only to see his two little hands signing for 'more'. He did that quite a few times on the way home, and still, a few days later when we drive in the car, asks for more fireworks!

1 comment:

Mary said...

so i have a gmail account now and I can post! It better be a girl!!!

Your Way To Financial Freedom