Monday, July 21, 2008

A New Stage....

Different parts of our family are at different stages in their lives...

Jason has been waiting and waiting for that first flutter that he can feel in my belly. He can't feel it yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before he wishes he couldn't feel those kicks to his back in the middle of the night. He is so happy and is working so hard for our family.

I am anxiously awaiting the end of summer. I have little activities spaced throughout the summer that I use as mile stones. One of those events was seeing my sister, Annie, last week. About a month ago she found out she would be coming to Chicago for a Pampered Chef convention and asked if I wanted to do something. Last year I missed the opportunity to go see the play, "Wicked", and did not want to make the same mistake this year! Her hotel was about a mile from the theatre, so I couldn't miss the chance. My friend, Andria, and I rode the tram into town. (I mean, we almost MISSED the tram into town). Her husband and Jason met the three of us gals at the hotel and we all walked to Navy Pier for dinner. Earlier, I had chosen Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. to eat, knowing it was close...and that's what I started craving. MY BAD! Note to self: Do not plan on a fast meal at a restaurant that sits at the front of the line of the "Batman" Imax Premiere event!

There was plenty of walking after dinner. It is a good mile or so from the pier to the theatre. I was pooped! The play was amazing! I love musical theatre and I am so glad I could share something special with Annie. She and I both played the cello in high school, and I have deepened my love for music in singing. This was the perfect play to take her to. My only regret is not being able to sit closer. I recommend it to anyone with a young heart.

During Intermission is when I learned of Walker's new stage. I sent a text to my babysitter asking how things were going. This is what I got back...
"Ha, yeah great! Your son has officially learned to crawl out of his crib."
Greeeeeeaaaaaat! I felt so bad for her. She said it only took him four trips back to the crib to figure out that she wasn't playing. So this is our new stage: Walker is ready for a toddler bed and we leave back to Idaho in a few weeks. This should be fun....

2 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

im so glad you guys have a blog! and he was so good! he is adorable! it was cute to see him crawling out!

Jentri said...

Wicked is absolutely AWESOME!!! I'm glad you went even if I couldn't talk Corey into driving all the way to Chicago so we could come too, (i hate to finally admitt it but gas really is expensive). I love you and can't wait for you to move back.

Your Way To Financial Freedom