Sunday, October 5, 2008

My name is Sarah, and I have an addiction...

to HGTV that is. One of my favorite tv shows is 'Designed to Sell". A professional realtor will come to someones house while they are absent and will go through the house with the cameras and tell them why their house isn't selling. Having looked through SO many houses this past year, I could apply for this position as 'Critique' and do just as good of a job. Every time Jason and I watch it together, he says, "you could do that!" Honestly...almost every episode is the same! Step #1: De clutter! #2 Hide the kids toys. #3 Add some color #4 De personalize
So one of my long term goals, now that we have a house, is to bring these steps into action.
Jason and I have spent the last week painting, painting, painting, and oh! did I mention painting? When I say we, I really mean HE. I only helped by doing the trim and putting up decorations. Jason did the rest. So here is the before picture:










We painted the mantle black to match the temple frame that we have, and Jason surprised me last Sunday by having painted three of the accent walls. He stayed up until about 4am working on it. The next morning when he told me he stayed up too late I thought it was because he was watching Sports Center or something stupid like that ; ) Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I went downstairs.
Jason put up the curtain rod, and hung the temple picture above the mantle. I hung the drapes, spray painted the rod iron art piece, and did the rest of the decorations. Here is the finished product.






















And after a long day of work, Jason finally gets to relax.

9 comments:

Megan said...

I love HGTV, too! Your room looks great -- I can't believe how different the fireplace looks w/ the new paint. Good work Jason & Sarah!!

Monte and Brittany said...

thats looks AWESOME!! your very talented. that was nice of Jason to stay up so late and do that for you!!
one room down.. many more to go! haha.

Teri's Life said...

I am addicted, too. Although I could never do as good a job as you did!

sam and kyrsten said...

hey your house looks great! how have you loved having a new place? I hope you guys are doing good! how is school!?

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Cute room! You guys did a great job and I love the black mantel. How fun!

Brady and Katie said...

Sarah!!! it's been forever since i've seen you. your house looks so nice! way jealous :) and congradulations on been pregnant. i can't wait to see your new little baby in a few months! we seriously should get together and watch the office!! love ya-katie

Jentri said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous. Will you come decorate my house when I get one?

Michelle said...

what a treat to have a closet painter in the family. Jase-- had I known that about you I would have hired you on the spot! Kyle won't touch painting supplies with a ten-foot pole!

All your work looks fabulous! Don't you love your picture of the temple? We have the same style one of the Nauvoo Temple-- sadly it's at my parents house because it's too darn big to put on an airplane. :)

Hope school/work is going well Sarah. Looks like Jason is keeping busy!

The Nobles said...

WOW! It looks great!

Your Way To Financial Freedom