Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shoes Galore!!!!





It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for. The month long endurance challenge for the Hunter Family Biggest Loser Competition was to walk or run 50 miles in the month. The prize? $50 for new shoes! No entries for drawings, no raffles…if you did it, you got $50! Both Jason and I made it. Jason ended up jogging a few miles on the night of the 30th, but he made it! We promised Grandma and Grandpa we would show them the shoes we bought, so here you go!
We didn’t want to pay full price at the mall. We expected more so we went to Payless. Walker had LOADS of fun! At home he usually likes to go to the shoe rack and bring mommy her high heels to put on, so seeing how many shoes he could pull down and bring to me put him into a laughing fit. Jason found his shoes first. Some Airwalks were his first choice. They have a rugged corduroy top. He was so ecstatic they were on sale, the “Scrooge” in him subsided and he said, “I’m gonna get another pair of shoes!” This next pair is the coolest pair of shoes EVER! The only way I can describe them is brown with an elastic strap that goes side to side on the top and velcros to the side.




As I was looking around, my eyes wandered toward the children’s section and stumbled upon a $2 pricetag. When I looked at the shoes in the box, I was delighted to see they were a size 4. PERFECT! Compared to the $1 Garage sale shoes we got in Chicago these ones seemed a bit pricey, but who could pass these up?

As for mine, I didn't have much of a selection to choose from. Aparently the only people who buy tennis shoes are the ones who have the same size of feet as me. I wouldn't say I "settled" for these. They are quite comfortable and I'm sure they'll match any workout clothes I can conjure up. The heels? Ah yes! Seeing as how my other pair of "wedges" broke just recently, I did in fact NEED them. It seems so much more satisfying to justify that, knowing that they were only $3! What a steal!



Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!




1 comment:

Kyle said...

That is a lot of shoes. I am waiting for a pair of Pearl Izumi's to come on steepandcheap.com

Your Way To Financial Freedom