Monday, October 22, 2007

An Event worth going to

Ladies!? How many of you wouldn't just LOVE this bag? Michelle, this is what you have to look forward to when Kyle gets home.



















Every year, Eclipse does an end of the year banquet for all the sales reps. They give awards, trophies and gifts out. These bags were given to the wives of managers for their devotedness to their honeys who are so dedicated to this company. They also do the "cash cannon", shooting droves of $1, $5, $10, and $20 bills into the air for all in attendance to frantically run around, push and shove people out of the way to get as much money as they can. In years past, (being either way to pregnant to mention or baby in arm) I have been able to scrounge up $3-$5. I only got $1 this year, but I really wasn't trying. This one just fell onto the table next to me. So I snatched it up before five other people could dive across the table only to realize that all they could get was a napkin or tablecloth.
There are also lots of prizes for raffle. It is rumored that the raffles are somewhat 'fixed'. Some people get more raffle tickets than others, but this night changed my mind about that. The prize being raffled was an Elliptical Excercise machine. The m.c. started reading the numbers: "6-9-8..."
"Oh good! We still have a chance"
"7-4..."
"I know it's here somewhere"(having previously arranged our tickets, I knew we had some numbers that were close)
"0..."
"Looking, looking"
"Going once! Going twice"
"We have it, we have it! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!"
Of the hundred something people there, probably only 4 would really appreciate this prize. I was one of them.
Walking up to take a picture with my new best friend, I realized "This box is almost as tall as I am...Is it even going to fit in the car?" Nope. Thank goodness for friends with big cars! Justin lugged the HUGE BOHEIMOTH of a box into his Mountaineer and is bringing it up with him when he comes for Thanksgiving. Such suspense!
Pictures to come

6 comments:

Spencer Family said...

That is awesome and I am glad it went to a deserving person! Also, i'm glad to see you guys are back to blogging--we missed you guys all summer! :)

Kyle said...

I too and glad that someone won something worth having...Randy won that "awesome" set of golf balls. (I would take your prize)
-kyle

star said...

What a great prize!!! Lucky duck!!!

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Hey guys I found your blog! I see you've found us too. I'll add you guys to ours if that's okay.

Sam:)

Brandis said...

hi woodsie & fam! :) I must say I'm a bit jealous of the sweet prize you snagged. sounds like loads of elliptical fun. :)

Suzie Koskella said...

Hey!! I added you on my blog!! You are so cute!!

Your Way To Financial Freedom