Sunday, December 2, 2007




"Uuuuugh, uuuugh!" These are the sounds I hear from Walker as he pulls my hand to walk me to what he wants. In this case it was the stroller. It was close enough to Walker's nap time on Thursday, but still too early to put him down. So, Walker and I went for a walk in the late morning. The weather was FREEZING cold and since Jason has recently taught Walker to say "BRRR" every time he goes outside, that was the first thing he said as we stepped out. I was only able to stand the cold for so long and Walker can only stand being bundled up for so long, we went around the complex twice. (That's not very far). Coming in the door to our building, I see the sign welcoming all residents to the 2nd floor for a nice quiet study area and some hot chocolate. "Sounds good to me! Walker do you want to get some cocoa?" We headed up the elevator and Walker was excited to round the corner where the microwave, jug of water and hot chocolate mixes were. He started pointing excitedly and said the magic word. "COCOA", as he did the sign language for 'pretty please'. One hand across his chest is just 'please', but two hands going out across his chest is 'pretty please'. He was such a good little boy waiting patiently while I warmed up the water. We enjoyed our cocoa and headed back home for a nap.
As you mothers know there is an 'unloading' that happens the second you walk in the door. While I was unloading, Walker was trying to put away the stroller chanting, "cocoa, cocoa". What else was I supposed to do but grab the camera!

4 comments:

Suzie Koskella said...

That is so cute!! They grow up so fast!!

Corey said...

That makes me smile. Glad to see things are going so well in your life. I look forward to hanging out with you two, well three, in the near future.

Jentri said...

I love this story. it's so cute.

melis w-y said...

walker is a really cute kid. how old is he?

Your Way To Financial Freedom